Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> on 2004/10/13 00:20:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache-2.0 problems with CGI scripts

Hello,
I recently moved some websites from a linux (debian) server running Apache-1.3 to a RedHat linux server running Apache-2.0.40-21

My actual problem, I have some .cgi scripts with names like home, home1, index, and index1 (all ending with .cgi extension)
and when a browser hits the site with these files in it.... it shows just the cgi scripts content as opposed to the website that the cgi scripts are supposed to generate.  These CGI scripts are written in perl.

I have mod_cgi in place, but I really haven't found anything watered down enough to explain to me what I am doing or what I am seeing or what I NEED to do.

Anyone seen where your website's file content is showing on the screen?

PLEASE help!
Warron

Re: [users@httpd] Apache-2.0 problems with CGI scripts

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:20:31 -0400, Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently moved some websites from a linux (debian) server running Apache-1.3 to a RedHat linux server running Apache-2.0.40-21
>
> My actual problem, I have some .cgi scripts with names like home, home1, index, and index1 (all ending with .cgi extension)
> and when a browser hits the site with these files in it.... it shows just the cgi scripts content as opposed to the website that the cgi scripts are supposed to generate.  These CGI scripts are written in perl.
>
> I have mod_cgi in place, but I really haven't found anything watered down enough to explain to me what I am doing or what I am seeing or what I NEED to do.

This means you haven't configured apache to process these files as CGI
scripts.  Start by reading
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html
and come back again with more details if you can't get it to work.

Joshua.