Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr> on 2003/07/10 09:57:09 UTC

New Portal Fw : How works coplet Persistance ?

Hi

I'm trying to understand how works coplet persistence without success.

My deal is to store the state of the coplet (minimize/maximize) between
session for a given user.

I played with the parameter store 'persistent' instead of 'session' in
the portal part of the cocoon.xconf without success.

The final goal is to add some new coplet attributes, to store, like
absolute positions and layer position associated with a new skin.

Laurent

RE : New Portal Fw : How works coplet Persistance ?

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
> You have to do two things: first one is changing the store from
> 'session' to 'persistent' as you already did.
> The second thing you have to do is to save the profile; actually
> the portal does not have a button or something like this to save
> the profile automatically.
> For saving you have to invoke the saveUserProfiles() method on the
> ProfileManager.

	I gonna try this right now
	Thanks for your help

> PS: Could you please post emails in plain text and not html.

	Sure. You're right.
	I forgot to override the default format.
	Laurent

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
Humm. I tried a lot of things, but it still not working.

First of all, I changed 'session' to 'persistent' in the cocoon.xconf in
the coplet-instance-data-aspects
<!-- Coplet factory configuration -->
<component
class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.impl.DefaultCopletFactory"
role="org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.CopletFactory">
    <coplets>
            <coplet-instance-data-aspects>
                <aspect auto-create="true" class="java.lang.Integer"
                 name="size" store="persistent" value="1"/>
            </coplet-instance-data-aspects>
        </coplet>
    </coplets>
</component>

Second I tried to invoke the saveUserProfiles method on the
ProfileManager with the following XSP
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">

<xsp:structure>
<xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManager</xsp:includ
e>
</xsp:structure>

<root>
<xsp:logic>
	ProfileManager profileManager = new ProfileManager();
	profileManager.saveUserProfiles();
</xsp:logic>
</root>

</xsp:page>
But I got this error "The type ProfileManager cannot be instantiated"

Third I tried to save the profile with the save-user-profile url defined
in the internal cocoon pipeline and in the application handler. It seems
to do the same thing.
When the guest user logout I got the following storage in the
profiles/copletinstancedata/portal-user-guest.xml
    <coplet-instance-data id="BBCNews-1" name="standard">
        <aspect>
            <name>size</name>
            <value xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="java:java.lang.Integer">1</value>
        </aspect>
        <coplet-data>BBCNews</coplet-data>
    </coplet-instance-data>
Now the state minimize or restore seems to be store

Fourth I try to change it, by editing this file. I changed the value of
size by '0'. I log me again with the user guest and the BBCNews coplet,
instead of to be minimized is with his content (the cinclude is
generated) and with 4 buttons instead of 3 on the title bar: the full
screen button, the restore button (good, it found that this coplet is
minimized), the minimize button (it should not), and the close button!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Laurent.