Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shantian Purkad <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/26 23:26:23 UTC

Providing multiple hints in the same query

Hello,

We want to provide hints to hive to use mapside join on multiple tables. something like /*+ MAPJOIN(a, b,c) */

Is it possible? If yes, what is the syntax for the same?

Thanks and Regards,
Shantian

Re: Providing multiple hints in the same query

Posted by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to comma separate multiple hints i.e. /*+ MAPJOIN(a),
MAPJOIN(b), MAPJOIN(c) */

-Viral