Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@spidertracks.com> on 2010/11/17 21:38:09 UTC

Problem with release plugin versions

Hi all,
  This morning I attempted to perform a release using maven v 2.2.1
(r801777; 2009-08-07 07:16:01+1200).  Maven downloaded new versions of
all my plugins, and now I receive the following error when trying to
perform a mvn release:prepare mvn release:perform

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-8:prepare':
Unable to load the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-8:prepare' in
the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin'. A required
class is missing: org/jdom/filter/Filter
org.jdom.filter.Filter

2.1 is the current version for the "release" plugin.  I haven't touched
my pom nor any of my settings.xml files.  Any idea why maven now things
that 2.0-beta8 is the latest?

Thanks,

todd
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Re: Problem with release plugin versions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 18/11/2010, at 10:10 AM, Todd Nine wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>  There wasn't any version in my pom.  I believe I've found the issue.
> I had a repository that connected to github, which is issuing 301
> redirects.  This bug is the underlying issue
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-314
>

> Maven is downloading the http response as the pom.xml, which in turn
> fails on the run because it is not a valid pom.  Is there any progress
> on this issue?

We discussed this on dev@ the other day, and are likely to push for another wagon release.

On that issue specifically - we're looking for someone to update the patch that has fallen out of date.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Problem with release plugin versions

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@spidertracks.com>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.