Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2015/09/04 12:46:54 UTC

Pagination using searchAfter

Hi

I want to use the searchAfter API in IndexSearcher. This API takes
ScoreDoc as argument. Do we need to store the last ScoreDoc value
(ScoreDoc value from previous search)? I guess, docid value is not valid
when the IndexReader is reopened. We have multiple users simultaneously
querying the index. Every minute the IndexReader will be reopened.

public TopDocs searchAfter(ScoreDoc after,  Query query, int numHits)
throws IOException

Please let me know how to handle this.

Regards
Ganesh