Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2015/02/19 15:29:33 UTC

Adding UML to the Wiki

http://blog.lunatech.com/2007/04/27/uml-class-diagrams-confluence-using-graphviz-and-dot
Shows some simple ways to add UML to the wiki using Graphviz.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 19/02/2015 12:49 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Unfortunately, ArgoUML only supports UML 1.4.
Probably more than I can support it!

I would be happy if there were uptodate Use Case drawings in a model
that could be used to create svg or png for the wiki or a dynamic view
that could be explored in a browser.

>>> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/HEMP-Book-Now-

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 20/02/2015 2:24 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 20/02/2015 02:15, Ron Wheeler a écrit :

>>> I believe most people use ArgoUML, at least I know the Neogia team
>>> did at some point They also mentioned their UFO tool
>>> http://www.neogia.org/wiki/index.php/U.F.O.
>>> It has only the entity part, but anyway, sincerely I'm not a fan of
>>> UML and such, I'm more inclined to something like Hemp where
>>> graphics are less important
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/HEMP-Book-Now-Available-4640689.S.255382432
>>>

>>> I tend to find
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Diagrams enough
>>> for my needs.
>>> For my day to day work, I rely more on search in OOTB *mode*.xml
>>> files. Data Model Diagrams sounds convenient but they are also often
>>> blurring things. When you have a data model with 800+ tables it's
>>> not surprising...
>>
>> I agree that looking at the entity definitions is better specially
>> since the graphics are 5 years old.
>> If the drawings were updated as changes are made, it would be a more
>> useful tool.
>
> Of course and update would be welcome, but sincerely I don't think
> there is much important things missing in those graphics, at least
> nothing preventing me to work on custom projects.
>
> Apart some adding I can't quickly recall
>
> I have "recently" (more than 1 year ago) marginally updated the
> GeoPoint data model https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5453
>
> Before the last change was r1222544 and it was 3+ year ago, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Revisions+Requiring+Data+Migration+-+upgrade+ofbiz
>
> That's why I don't think we are missing much there, did you note
> something specific?

Once I saw the age, I did not spend a lot of time there.
I am building my current understanding from the xml files.
There is more information there and I have more confidence that they
reflect the current product.

Ron

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi,

The ufo application read all entitymodel présent on OFBiz to help the
analyst to construct an uml.
Maybe it's possible to convert the diagram result to Graphviz syntax ?

Nicolas

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Adding UML to the Wiki