Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/06/30 09:24:53 UTC

[VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.

So, please cast your votes:

Here is my +1

Carsten

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 29.06.2004 14:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Currently we compile against the servlet spec 2.2, but also
> have the
> > 2.3 version in our set of jars for the scratchpad.
> > Now, we are 99% independent of the version and I guess that if we
> > compile against the 2.3 version we still would run in a 2.2
> > environment.
> > So, can we just remove the 2.2 version and use everywhere the 2.3
> > specification?
>
> I can understand that we switch to 2.3 for Cocoon 2.2 - but
> completely, not just for compiling. Otherwise how will you
> make sure that a specific change is still compatible to 2.2?
> So maybe we should simply start a vote for switching to
> servlet spec 2.3 for Cocoon 2.2.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Joerg

Carsten

Re: [VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
> as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
> support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.
>
> So, please cast your votes:
>
> Here is my +1

...and here is my +1

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
>as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
>support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.
>
>So, please cast your votes:
>
>Here is my +1

+1 to move Cocoon 2.2 to servlet spec 2.3.
It also means that Cocoon 2.2 won't run on Tomcat 3 anymore.

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 09:24, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
> as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
> support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

Re: [VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 30.06.2004 09:24, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
> as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
> support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

Joerg

Re: [VOTE] Move to servlet spec 2.3 [was RE: Can we compile against servlet spec 2.3?]

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> As requested by Joerg, let's vote if we move to servlet spec 2.3
> as the base for Cocoon. I think all important servlet engines
> support this version, so this shouldn't really be a problem.
>
> So, please cast your votes:
>
> Here is my +1

+1

Best Regards,