Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "McDermott, Alastair" <Al...@softwareag.com> on 2000/07/25 14:48:17 UTC

./configure script

Hi all,

I have a couple of issues I'm trying to solve with my configure script -I
know this is slightly off-topic, apologies but I'm finding it hard to get an
answer on this as autoconf doesn't seem to have an faq or docs on this.

1. My configure script seems to be ignoring the includedir and parameters
that I pass in, and that it claims to have found header files which do not
exist on the file system.

The problem is that if I have a test AC_CHECK_HEADERS(foobar.h) in my
configure.in I get a response "checking for foobar.h...  yes" from the
configure.in I get a response "checking for foobar.h...  yes" from the
system. Anyone got any ideas?

2. The second problem is that while I want to cross-compile and use
pthreads, I see the following in the script:

if test "$cross_compiling" = yes; then
  pthreads_working="no"
else
  cat > conftest.$ac_ext <<EOF
#line 4095 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
[snip]

Is there a problem using pthreads when cross-compiling? Our target platform
supports pthreads so I'll have to manually edit configure to make this work,
which is not something I want to do (ie edit a generated script). I used
--with-mpm=dexter btw.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alastair.