Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ol...@email.cz on 2002/04/23 15:25:44 UTC

Apache without networking card - is it possible somehow?

Hi, my friends, I have got this problem: I have installed Apache on my computer that has not a networking card. I only want to use it on my local computer because of learning PHP and testing my web pages that use PHP language offline. But when I start Apache.exe, it will crush due to error on port 80. On computer with networking card everything is OK. So, I have got two questions:

1) Can I run Apache without networking card (under Windows 95) somehow?

2) If I cannot, is possible to test my web pages that use PHP on my local computer?

Thanx very much for help, folks!

Re: Apache without networking card - is it possible somehow?

Posted by Simon Oliver <si...@umist.ac.uk>.
olda.nouza@email.cz wrote:
> 1) Can I run Apache without networking card (under Windows 95) somehow?

Bind to 127.0.0.1 (loopback).  If that doesn't work just buy a cheap NIC
and configure it for private network (such as 192.168.0.1).

--
  Simon Oliver

Re: Apache without networking card - is it possible somehow?

Posted by Michal Bachorik <ba...@frpd.utcpd.sk>.
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 olda.nouza@email.cz wrote:

> Hi, my friends, I have got this problem: I have installed Apache on my computer that has not a networking card. I only want to use it on my local computer because of learning PHP and testing my web pages that use PHP language offline. But when I start Apache.exe, it will crush due to error on port 80. On computer with networking card everything is OK. So, I have got two questions:
>
> 1) Can I run Apache without networking card (under Windows 95) somehow?

musis si nainstalovat tcp ip ... mas modem alebo take nieco? myslim,ze sa
to da aj bez toho .. myslim ze to ide nejako takto:
cotrol panel->network->pridat protokol alebo service .. a tam treba pridat
microsoft network .. neviem,s windows som uz dlho nerobil,ale mal som taky
isty problem a viem ze to je riesitelne ...

> 2) If I cannot, is possible to test my web pages that use PHP on my local computer?
>
> Thanx very much for help, folks!

snail-mail : Michal Bachorik
             Nedozerskeho 207
             Nedozery 972 12