Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nikolay Kabadjov <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/19 08:40:12 UTC

Usage Server is running but DB is empty

Hello,
we've built a deb package for the usage server cloudstack-usage_4.1.1-0.0.snapshot_all.deb,
installed it and started the cloudstack-usage service.
But it seems it is not working, I mean there are no logs in /var/log/cloudstack/usage, all the tables in cloud_usage are empty.b

Any ideas, how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks and best regards,
Niki

RE: Usage Server is running but DB is empty

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.
I got the point analyzing db.properties file till the end. There are several database connection configurations and I have changed only the first one (# CloudStack database settings).

If you scroll down this file till the end there are more user/password-s like # usage database settings, # awsapi database settings. These lines must also be changed.

So it was my mistake not to mention these settings.
No I got raw in usage_job table

Thanks,

Vadim

Posted by Nikolay Kabadjov <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Vadim,

________________________________

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.

Posted by Nikolay Kabadjov <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Steven,
in our case it was a matter of missing DB credentials set in the config file:

db.cloud.username=
db.cloud.password=

Regards,
Niki

________________________________

Posted by Steven Liang <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niki,

--
Поздрави,
Станислав Петров

Re: Usage Server is running but DB is empty

Posted by Stanislav Petrov <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Поздрави,
Станислав Петров

Re: Usage Server is running but DB is empty

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Hi,