Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by allfonsiva <al...@aim.com> on 2006/08/23 08:35:34 UTC

How I i Schedule Servicemix Quartz at Runtime

Hi all,

i am now working on quartz coponent of servicemix. in the quartz example
they are triggering the event to happen in a continuous regular interval
manner. suppose if i have to schedule a new task to the quartz when the
server is running means. how can i do that? will it be possible for the
users to give input triggers to the server at runtime.

Please help me out in this regard

with regards
Siva
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: How I Schedule Servicemix Quartz at Runtime

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the way it can be done:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/apache-servicemix/src/main/release/examples/rss-binding/servicemix.xml

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: How I Schedule Servicemix Quartz at Runtime

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
The answer to your problem is in the stack trace, it just takes a bit
of reading to see it - its usually easier to start at the bottom and
read up....

On 8/23/06, allfonsiva <al...@aim.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Cannot create inner bean 'org.quartz.SimpleTrigger#7bc899'
>  while setting bean property 'triggers'; nested exception is
> with name 'org.quartz.Simpl
> eTrigger#7bc899' defined in file
> [D:\MAINFRAME\Install\aservicemix-3.0-M2-incubating\examples\quartz-binding\servicemix.xml]:
> Error setting property values; nested e
> xception is PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'org.quartz.SimpleTrigger#7bc899' defined in file
> [D:\MAINFRAME\Ins
> tall\aservicemix-3.0-M2-incubating\examples\quartz-binding\servicemix.xml]:
> Error setting property values; nested exception is
> PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 e
> rrors)
> Caused by: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
> org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException:

Failed to convert property
> value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.util.Date] for
> property 'startTim
> e';

There you go. There's no autoconversion from String to Date so you
need to create a Date object using the <bean> tag currently and use
that rather than a String for the startTime

James

Posted by allfonsiva <al...@aim.com>.
this is the  error i'm getting

[...]

e'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No matching

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/06, allfonsiva <al...@aim.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your information
>
> now i'm trying to give startTime to the quartz trigger. so i included
> starttime property in servicemix XML. But its not working by throwing
> exceptions.

What are your exceptions?

James

Posted by allfonsiva <al...@aim.com>.

Re: How I i Schedule Servicemix Quartz at Runtime

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.