Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Anver Sotnikov <AS...@intralinks.com> on 2001/04/19 00:13:50 UTC

SSL for weblogic

Is there any documentation how to use SOAP with SSL on Weblogic?
Any?

Thank you in advance :o)

Andi Vajda <av...@nanospace.com>
Sent by: avajda@mail.nanospace.com
04/18/2001 05:52 PM
Please respond to soap-dev

        To:     <so...@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        more on FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html

All,

Whoever wrote FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html, thank you immensely.
I followed the steps carefully and got my SOAP client to work over SSL
with
Tomcat, almost as described. Here are the few gotchas that bit me, and
that
are not addressed in the document:

  - if you choose a different password from 'changeit' at the various
times a
    password is requested from you, notably with the -keypass and
-storepass
    flags you use with keytool, you must make sure that you set the
    corresponding 'keypass' parameter in tomcat's server.xml conf file
    accordingly.

  - if you wish to use client authentication by setting clientAuth to true
in
    tomcat's server.xml conf file (as shown in the FAQ's server.xml
example) I
    found that I had to set the following three system properties to get
the
    whole handshake to work (instead of getting a bad_certificate error):

     - javax.net.ssl.trustStore (as without clientAuth)
     - javax.net.ssl.keyStore to the same value as trustStore
     - javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword to the value you used with -keypass
when
       you ran keytool

Andi..