Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@apache.org> on 2016/04/04 21:49:53 UTC

Clarification - Post graduation acitivities

Hello all,

We are going over the post graduation activities for Sentry and am unsure
of these two points stated at:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation

" Delete the podling website from/www/
incubator.apache.org/content/${podling-name} on people.apache.org if
possible. It won't be possible to remove the ${podling-name} directory
(because incubator uses svnpubsub). If the podling also used svnpubsub it
won't be possible to delete the files either. File a JIRA ticket under
INFRA and ask for the remains to be removed."

With peoples.apache.org move, I am unsure if this is still relevant? As I
cannot ssh into people.apache.org any more. By the way, our website is at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sentry/site/trunk/ so unsure if this item
is relevant for us.

2. *(Top level projects)* request <http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact> a
new wiki.
I do not think this is required as our wiki space is not within incubator (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/Home) . Thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Clarification - Post graduation acitivities

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Makes sense, thanks John! Removed both items from the guide.

Regards!

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: Clarification - Post graduation acitivities

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> I am sorry, when you say both can be deleted, what does "both" refer to
> here?

Sravya,

You mentioned two items in the graduation guide.  My comment is that both
can be deleted from the graduation guide.  The ASF has moved its
infrastructure beyond the point where either of these items would be an
issue for any podling.  In the past, podling websites were hosted as
incubator.apache.org/{podling} now the website is

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: Clarification - Post graduation acitivities

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.