Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2016/09/29 21:02:05 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.9 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Cassandra version 3.9.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
performance.

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.9 series. As always,
please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
were to encounter any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: (CHANGES.txt) https://goo.gl/SCtmhc
[2]: (NEWS.txt) https://goo.gl/brKot5
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Docs Contribution (was: Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.9 released)

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 09/29/2016 04:08 PM, Dorian Hoxha wrote:
> So how does documentation work? Example: I'm interested in Change Data
> Capture.

The documentation is in-tree, under doc/source, so create a patch and
upload it to a JIRA, just as any source change. :)

The docs on patches do have testing details, so perhaps you might also
add a documentation patch contribution section here that suits what you
are doing a little better for the next person.

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/patches.html

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.9 released

Posted by Dorian Hoxha <do...@gmail.com>.
So how does documentation work? Example: I'm interested in Change Data
Capture.

*I do appreciate the work done.

Posted by Dorian Hoxha <do...@gmail.com>.