Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ZSL DCI ODC <vn...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/06 18:22:03 UTC

Required environment to support both .xls and .xlsx files

Currently we are using "HSSFWorkbook" to read ".xls" files in jdk 1.4
environment. Now we have to read ".xlsx" files using "XSSFWorkbook".
Please provide the best suitable environment to support both(to read ".xls"
& ".xlsx" files)

Re: Required environment to support both .xls and .xlsx files

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 6 May 2014, ZSL DCI ODC wrote:
> Currently we are using "HSSFWorkbook" to read ".xls" files in jdk 1.4
> environment. Now we have to read ".xlsx" files using "XSSFWorkbook".
> Please provide the best suitable environment to support both(to read
> ".xls" & ".xlsx" files)

Did you try reading the section of the website "converting existing HSSF
Usermodel code to SS Usermodel (for XSSF and HSSF)"?
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/converting.html

Nick