Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2015/01/14 17:47:29 UTC

Geronimo release request

Hi all,

I'd like to request a new release of Geronimo.

One of the recent additions to the geronimo-specs project is a new JMS
2.0 spec jar[1].  We have swapped out a legacy dependency on a JBoss JMS
2.0 spec jar with a snapshot build of geronimo-spec jms 2.0 as part of
the IP Clearance process of the ActiveMQ6[2] project.  The ActiveMQ6
test suite is currently passing against our JMS 2.0 implementation with
this new Geronimo JMS 2.0 snapshot jar in place.  We are hoping to
utilize an official release of this jar to get us through IP clearance,
allowing us to start thinking about an initial ActiveMQ6 release.

If there is anything I can do to help with this process, please let me know.

Kind regards
Martyn

[1] https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/2
[2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-6

Re: Geronimo release request

Posted by Salyh <he...@gmail.com>.
Javamail 1.4 is also ready for a alpha spec release IMHO

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
no blocker in my side excepted time so that's why I target the ~10th

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Romain,

This sounds great.

A release beginning of next month would be ideal, as we are hoping to
consume an alpha in ActiveMQ6 to aid us get out of IP clearance and
propose an initial ActiveMQ6 release.  Hopefully in the next couple of
weeks.

Regards
Martyn

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.
i would like to release javamail as an alpha (or beta) version first
because we have not yet executed the TCK and the last changes are big
ones and its maybe to 100% stable (yet)

--
Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22