Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 12:33:59 UTC

[Fwd: Re: What can be done with bug in icu4 lib?]

Sorry, I made mistake to reply to Svetlana directly just now...it's
weird for Thunderbird to make decision that the sender is default reply
address...

Svetlana,

Oh...I'm afraid I have no such power as you thought:). Just because ICU
is also an active open source project, so anyone can raise bug on [1] or
volunteer to contribute.  And it is true IBM has an ICU team, so it may
be a little easier for me (with hat of IBMer here) to find some
developers of ICU.

Specific to current issues, it's my fault that not update the status of
333 in JIRA, about which Richard has kindly raised bug to ICU at [2],
and I'm working as a volunteer(as what I'm doing in Harmony) trying to
implement this missing feature in ICU.

And about Harmony-62, IIRC, there is a thread in dev-list discussing
this issue, and it was identified as rule difference(in another word,
data difference) between ICU4J and RI. Maybe we need to make some
decision on how to handle this kind of issues.

Any further problems or anything you think I can help, please kindly let
me know. Thanks.

[1] http://bugs.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/icu-bugs?user=guest
[2] http://bugs.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/icu-bugs/incoming?findid=5176

--