Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 15:07:03 UTC

Re: Not Able to Reach internal Web app when using jmeter with proxy -Domain not recognised

On 30/03/2009, patrick.cunniff@cardifpinnacle.com
<pa...@cardifpinnacle.com> wrote:
> first I use this command to start jmeter using a proxy to access the
>  internet, I have xx'd out the server name, port name, user names and
>  password for security
>
>  C:\APPS\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.2\bin\jmeter.bat -H xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.co.uk -P
>  xxxx -u cunxxxxfxa -a xxxxxxxxxx -N xxxx
>
>  Then I set up HTTP Request Defaults and put the server name and port in
>
>   then  I set up my HTTP Proxy Server with the server name and port 9090
>
>  Then I go into LAN settings and uncheck use Automatic configuration script
>  (herein is where I think the problem lies, I am investigating this to see
>  what it does) and say to use localhost port 9090
>
>  I am then able to go out to the internet and record anything and
>  everything- works fine
>
>  But then I try to go to the internal web based application that i want to
>  test and I can't get to the address
>

>  Instead I get a dns error stating that the Domain is not recognised, any
>  thoughts

Is the internet proxy needed for internal applications? Most likely not.

The browser auto-proxy is probably set to skip the internet proxy for
internal applications so do the same with JMeter, i.e. remove the
proxy from JMeter.

>  ******************************************
>  CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any
>  attachments are confidential and may also
>  be privileged. If you are not the named
>  recipient, please notify the sender
>  immediately and do not disclose the
>  contents to another person, use it for
>  any purpose, or store or copy the
>  information in any medium. Any views
>  expressed in this message are those of the
>  individual sender, except where the sender
>  specifically states them to be the views
>  of Pinnacle Insurance Plc, registered in
>  England and Wales number 1007798.
>  Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1
>  Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 2XX.
>  VAT Reg No. GB629 3452 28.
>
>  If you have received this e-mail in
>  error please immediately notify us on
>  +44 (0) 20 8207 9000.
>
>  This footnote also confirms that this
>  email message has been swept by
>  MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer
>  viruses.
>
>  www.mimesweeper.com

SOLVED Re: Not Able to Reach internal Web app when using jmeter with proxy -Domain not recognised

Posted by pa...@cardifpinnacle.com.

Is the internet proxy needed for internal applications? Most likely not.

The browser auto-proxy is probably set to skip the internet proxy for
internal applications so do the same with JMeter, i.e. remove the
proxy from JMeter.

Hi Sebb, thanks Much that was it,

Regards,
Patrick

           Extranet
           sebb <se...@gmail.com>
           08/04/2009 14:07                      JMeter Users List
                                                                                                                       cc

                 Please respond to                                                                                Subject
                "JMeter Users List"              Re: Not Able to Reach internal Web app when using jmeter with proxy
           <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.or        -Domain not recognised
                         g>