Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by da...@gmail.com on 2019/12/09 23:05:25 UTC

[TEST] Joined

Hi Group,

Is this thing live yet?

*David Sidrane*

*David.Sidrane@gmail.com *

Re: State of Bitbucket Repsitories

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I can see this INFRA issue for NuttX:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19542 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19542>

But that does not talk about creating a gitbox repo.

Justin, do we need to create a new INFRA ticket?

-Flavio

Posted by David Sidrane <Da...@nscdg.com>.
The history will be intact no matter where it is. It will remain BSD until
the license changes. The change should be on a branch than a single commit.
Then it is a knife edge

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> The right bitbucket url for hooks:
>
> https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/git-hooks

I don't think I can trigger any scripts in the Bitbucket repository
based on events in a Github repository.

There is a mirror plug-in for Bitbucket:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211351/repository-mirror-plugin-for-bitbucket?hosting=server&tab=overview

But I think it is only usable if you have Bitbucket on your own server.
Also, I see only references to support mirroring of Bitbucket
repositories on other remotes.

Re: State of Bitbucket Repsitories

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 1:07 PM Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If we are smart, we can tag the initial
> > Apache import to make that easier.

+1 to tagging the initial import

Nathan

Re: State of Bitbucket Repsitories

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I don't think you need to get rid of the earlier incarnation of the project. As per the ASF legal documentation, we need to make sure that the copyright holders sign either CLAs or software grants:

https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works/legal.html <https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works/legal.html>

This incubator document also talks about the initial code import:

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/transitioning_asf.html <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/transitioning_asf.html>

Finally, as an example, we still have the zookeeper code in sourceforge from before Apache, and I don't that's wrong:

https://sourceforge.net/p/zookeeper/code/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/zookeeper/code/>

-Flavio

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Matias N." <ma...@imap.cc>.
Hi,
just wanted to mention that there's also an automatic mirror on Gitlab at:

https://gitlab.com/nuttx

Best,
Matias

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:34 AM Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am continuing to accept changes to the (deprecated) NuttX repositories
> on Bitbucket.org.  Can someone please inform me when INFRA is ready to
> instantiate the Apache Github repositories?  I will then make the the
> Bitbucket repositories read-only and prohibit forks and PRs.  Let's try
> to make that transition as "knife-edge" as possible.

After the bit bucket repos are made read only, I suggest to keep them
available indefinitely, both for historical reference and for anyone who
wishes to create something based on the original BSD-licensed code.

Cheers,
Nathan

State of Bitbucket Repsitories

Re: [TEST] Joined