Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jon Thor Williams <jw...@thinkstream.com> on 2004/08/27 19:09:40 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: [work] Re: [users@httpd] Need help troubleshooting FOLLOWSYMLINKS problem

Thanks Joshua,

that was my problem.  i got it working with this config:

1.  the target directory needed to be owned by apache  ( possibly i can get it
working also if i add apache to the "users" group and make the target directory
owned by one of the normal users who are in that group??? )
2.  plus the symbolic link itself was owned by root, which seems to be ok

Sorry to bug you guys...

Thanks,
jon