Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rakesh Sinha <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/12 19:20:23 UTC

Solr 1.3 DataImportHandler iBatis integration ..

Hi -
  I was planning to check more details about integrating ibatis query
resultsets with the query required for <entity /> tags .   Before I
start experimenting more along the lines - I am just curious if there
had been some effort done earlier on this end (specifically - how to
better integrate DataImportHandler with iBatis queries etc. )

Re: Solr 1.3 DataImportHandler iBatis integration ..

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ok makes sense. I don't think anybody has reported trying this. If you
decide to do it, it might be worth contributing back. I guess it may be more
difficult than just using plain sql queries.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Rakesh Sinha <ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Trivial answer - I already have quite a bit of iBatis queries as part
> of the project ( a large consumer facing website) that I want to
> reuse.
> Also  - the iBatis layer already has all the db authentication tokens
> / sqlmap wired on ( as part of sql-map-config.xml ).
>
> When I create the dataConfig xml I seem to re-entering the db
> authentication details and the query once again to use the same.
> Hence an orthogonal integration might be really useful.
>

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
> <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Rakesh Sinha <rakesh.usenet@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi -
> >>  I was planning to check more details about integrating ibatis query
> >> resultsets with the query required for <entity /> tags .   Before I
> >> start experimenting more along the lines - I am just curious if there
> >> had been some effort done earlier on this end (specifically - how to
> >> better integrate DataImportHandler with iBatis queries etc. )
> >>

> > Why do you want to go through iBatis? Why not index directly from the
> > database?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Solr 1.3 DataImportHandler iBatis integration ..

Posted by Rakesh Sinha <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.