Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com> on 2006/12/07 23:22:12 UTC

Google open relay?

I've been getting lots of these "get out of debt" messages. It looks
like the last stop before getting here is a gmail server.  Could they
have an open relay?

Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:10:30 -0400
From: "spring freeman" <jo...@shawcable.net>
To: "Lawanna" <x>
Cc: "Laci" <x>
Subject: TotallyCardDebtFree Overnight

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.
laradji nacer wrote:
> Steven Stern a écrit :
>> I've been getting lots of these "get out of debt" messages. It looks
>> like the last stop before getting here is a gmail server.  Could they
>> have an open relay?
> No but gmail host personal domain not only @gmail.com .

Google Apps for Your Domain (GAYD) require SMTP authentication over SSL
on port 465 to pass mail from a sending system.  That means that
whatever's sending this mail is smart enough to handle the GAYD SMTP
auth and SSL access.

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by laradji nacer <n....@ovea.com>.

--
Laradji nacer <n.laradji at ovea dot com>
  oooo ovea	http://www.ovea.com

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 02:52 PM 12/7/2006, you wrote:

>Have you notified <ab...@google.com>?

You're kidding right?

I've given up on e-mailing google about blogspot pages, or anything
else. They could care less.

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

> David B Funk wrote:
> > If you buy into the spamcop premium service one of the things that
> > you gain is the ability to modify their report and add such notices.
> > Best to send it directly to Google's abuse address.

> Spamcop sent a report to both shawcable and abuse@gmail.com.  I paid
> spamcop $25 several years ago for 25MB of reports (however that's
> measured) and I still have 8.3MB left in my pool.

Thanks for the feedback, it sounds like Spamcop's premium service is
worth the money.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.

Re: Google open relay?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

> I've been getting lots of these "get out of debt" messages. It
> looks like the last stop before getting here is a gmail server.
> Could they have an open relay?

Have you notified <ab...@google.com>?

  ...to announce there must be no criticism of the President or to
  stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and
  servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public.
                                          -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
 8 days until Bill of Rights day