Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alfian Hadi <al...@seatech.com> on 2002/07/10 06:17:08 UTC

Include directive in Tomcat4

Hi all,

I am facing problem using include directive in tomcat 4.0.4. Here is the
situation:

I create a new folder named: test under webapps (webapps/test). The folder
test contains two files:
- index.jsp
- hello.html

In index.jsp, this is what I have for the directive:
<%@ include file = "/test/hello.html" %>

Then I received this error:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: /index.jsp(3,38) File
"/test/hello.html" not found

It seems that I cannot use the absolute path for include directive with
tomcat. This is just a simple sample. Actually I have a working JSP
application that I need to deploy on tomcat 4 and it cannot work because the
application use a lot of absolute path for the include directive. Any ideas
? Thanks.

- Alfian -

Re: Include directive in Tomcat4

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
This question is more suited for the User List.

I believe test is setup as a "webapp" in your installation.
Meaning: you should not include it in any kind of include directive. So
    <%@ include file = "/test/hello.html" %>
should be
    <%@ include file = "/hello.html" %>
or