Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Van Caesar <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/29 10:32:50 UTC

Can I use ode under eclipse's bpel designer ?

I need an environment to use ode, design .bpel and .wsdl, then compile it.

I don't know if eclipse's bpel designer can do it. I download a bpel
designer, but I found that it's web service engine is Axis 1.3.

So I want to know whether it is useful or not. And if ode has his own
compiled environment, it is better to have a graphic developed  environment.
I think we can't write .bpel or .wsdl by handiwork. It is too original.

--
Van Caesar

Re: Can I use ode under eclipse's bpel designer ?

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I was working with the Eclipse BPEL designer as well for the last two
weeks. The current trunk is by far more BPEL 2.0 compatible, however
it is very unstable, throws continuously exceptions, does not remember
changes on transition conditions and so on.

Anyhow, I think it would be flattering for Ode to have a runtime
provider for Eclipse BPEL, such as the implementation for ActiveBPEL
[1] that is capable to create a deployment descriptor, package all the
stuff and deploy it to Ode using the deployment API.

Regarding the assigns - there are also some oddities with Ode,
especially when having a <to>-expression pointing to a particular
element inside a complexType. This results in an error because the
xpath expression can not be resolved, even if it is a valid path.

Best regards,
  Tammo

[1] http://sse.cs.ucl.ac.uk/projects/omiibpel/downloads/ - ABR plugin

--
Tammo van Lessen - tvanlessen@gmail.com - http://www.taval.de

Re: Can I use ode under eclipse's bpel designer ?

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Manolo Gomez Lopez <pe...@gmail.com>.
I was writing the same question at the moment I received this message ;-)

OK, apache ode seems to be a great product, I tried to write my own bpel
processes and modifying my WSDL's to accomodate partnerlinktypes, but I'm
sure you will agree with me this is far from neither easy nor intuitive,
lots of namespaces out there... ;-)

I also tried to use Eclipse Bpel designer, but with little success, seems to