Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Abhishek Pratap Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 20:44:44 UTC

Multiple data centre in Hadoop

Hi All,

Just wanted if hadoop supports more than one data centre. This is basically
for DR purposes and High Availability where one centre goes down other can
bring up.

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: Multiple data centre in Hadoop

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hive is beginning to implement Region support where one metastore will
manage multiple filesystems and jobtrackers. When a query creates a
table it will then be copied to one ore more datacenters. In addition
the query planner will intelligently attempt to run queries in regions
only where all the tables exists.

While wiating for these awesome features I am doing a fair amount of
distcp work from groovy scripts.

Edward

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.