Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2015/12/07 10:18:52 UTC

Early-access build b95 of JDK 9 is available for download

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Early-access builds of JDK 9 with Project Verona [0] in b95 are
available for download here <https://jdk9.java.net/download>.

The goal of this Project is to implement the new JDK version string as
described in JEP-223 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/223> [1].
The new version-string scheme is designed to easily distinguish major,
minor, and security-update releases.
For more information please see Iris Clark's email [2] , also see
Dalibor Topic's blog on this topic [3].

Please send usage questions, feedback and experience reports to the
verona-dev <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/verona-dev>
mailing list.

Note: If you haven’t already subscribed to that mailing list then please
do so first, otherwise
your message will be discarded as spam.

Rgds,Rory

[0] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/verona/
[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/223
[2]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/verona-dev/2015-November/000293.html
[3] https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/a_new_jdk_9_version

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: Early-access build b95 of JDK 9 is available for download

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rgds,Rory

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

This statement was more referring to *our* ant build.xml scripts. Ant itsself works fine, but we need to populate some system properties with some stuff parsed form “java.specification.version”. I fixed that already.

But it would still be good to let the Ant people figure out if everything is OK with version numbers.

Uwe

-----

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Uwe,