Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2006/08/29 05:25:32 UTC

How to know/specify version of plugin?

I seem to notice that plugin versions are typically not specified in the
project's pom, is this correct?  How do you know what version it will
look for if the version is not specified?  Is the version dependent on
the specified pluginRepositories?

-dh

Re: How to know/specify version of plugin?

Posted by Alexandre Russel <al...@russel.fr>.
On Tuesday 29 August 2006 05:25, Dave Hoffer wrote:
> I seem to notice that plugin versions are typically not specified in the
> project's pom, is this correct?  How do you know what version it will
> look for if the version is not specified?
It will use the latest.
> Is the version dependent on
> the specified pluginRepositories?
just add a version element if you want a specific version.
For more on plugin have a look at chapter 2.7 of the maven book.
alex

RE: How to know/specify version of plugin?

Posted by Da...@tdameritrade.com.
I believe it uses the latest released plugin.  You can always specify
the version, though.  When you release your project w/the release
plugin, all plugin versions will be fixed so that subsequent builds of
the released version of your project always have the same plugin
behavior.

-Daryl