Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 20:56:25 UTC

run repair on each node or every R nodes?

Hi all,

I have a 9-node cluster with a replication factor R=3. When I run repair
-pr on node-00, I see the exact same load and activity on node-{01,02}.
Specifically, compactionstats shows the same Validation tasks.
Does this mean that all 3 nodes will be repaired when nodetool returns? or
do I still have to trigger a nodetool-repair on node-{01,02}?

Thanks,

Alexis

Re: run repair on each node or every R nodes?

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
what if first node in range is down? then -pr would be ineffective

Re: run repair on each node or every R nodes?

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys. It makes sense.
I'll have repair-pr schedule on each node.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
"I see. So if I don't use the '-pr' option, triggering repair on node-00 is
sufficient to repair the first 3 nodes.
No need to cron a repair on node-{01,02}.
correct?"

"forget it. this was nonsense."

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.
forget it. this was nonsense.

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Martin <wi...@voodoolunchbox.com>.
+1    Is this a consensus activity and is the master fixed, or does the voting process migrate during the cycles??