Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Martin van Dijken <mv...@madocke.nl> on 2003/10/17 16:08:01 UTC

Status

Hey gang,

I've been subscribed to the devlist for a while now and don't see much going on. Also, there doesn't seem to be much activity on the taglib site concerning new updates and the ilk. What's the status of the taglib project? Is is merely going to keep introducing new versions of the jakarta JSTL?

Grtz,

Martin

Re: Status

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Well, I think theres been allot gained from the design concepts applied
in the Standard package for JSTL at Jakarta. These benefit anyone
building taglibraries. Dare I say that the other taglibraries in the
project are behind in catching up to this effort. If this is a
misconception, please feel free to correct me.

I, for one, am planning to do work on the JNDI taglibrary. I am planning
out the changes I will make currently which will refactor it to use the
latest JSP and JSTL api's. I am also planning to produce a backward
compatible EL version for JSP 1.2 and earlier.

I think the group welcomes this sort of discussion, you should review
the archives as well for any historical threads that cover this issue.

Cheers,
-Mark Diggory

Martin van Dijken wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I've been subscribed to the devlist for a while now and don't see
> much going on. Also, there doesn't seem to be much activity on the
> taglib site concerning new updates and the ilk. What's the status of
> the taglib project? Is is merely going to keep introducing new
> versions of the jakarta JSTL?
>
> Grtz,
>
> Martin

Mark Diggory