Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Skater <xq...@163.com> on 2008/04/15 17:10:57 UTC

Is it a bug?

  /** @deprecated */
  public DistributedFileSystem(InetSocketAddress namenode,
    Configuration conf) throws IOException {
    initialize(URI.create("hdfs://"+
                          namenode.getHostName()+":"+
                          namenode.getPort()),
                          conf);
  }

  /** @deprecated */
  public String getName() { return uri.getAuthority(); }

  public URI getUri() { return uri; }

  public void initialize(URI uri, Configuration conf) throws IOException {
    setConf(conf);
    String host = uri.getHost();
    int port = uri.getPort();
    System.out.println(host);
    System.out.println(port);
    System.out.println(conf);

    //here the host=null and port = -1, after debugging.
    this.dfs = new DFSClient(new InetSocketAddress(host,port), conf);
    this.uri = URI.create("hdfs://"+host+":"+port);
  }

SO I cannot start the name node.
COuld you help me?

I tried a lot of way to let the 0.16.2 start, but I failed at here.
Is there need some special configuration?

My configuraions are:
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>