Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Karol Rybak <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 12:28:01 UTC

Hadoop fetch jobs

Hello, i've succesfully set up cluster of 3 machines under hadoop. However i
have a problem. While fetching hadoop generates 6 jobs, however the number
of pages in each of those jobs is not spread equally i get 5 jobs with ~ 3
500 pages and one with ~ 50 000. That's not a good thing as 5 jobs finish
very quickly and afterwards only one machine is working while others are
waiting. Could this be a problem with my configuration, i've set number of
map jobs to 30, number of reduce jobs to 6 and fetcher threads to 150,
however during fetch i still get only 6 map jobs. Any help would be
appreciated, thanks.

--
Karol Rybak
Programista / Programmer

Re: Hadoop fetch jobs

Posted by Karol Rybak <ka...@gmail.com>.
Actually setting -noParsing helped but only a bit i got about 6000 pages
fetched per job (1000 earlier). I'll try using fetch instead of fetch2, hope
that this will help. Another question is how do i control the number of
fetch jobs, cause they do not behave as typical map jobs ?

Re: Hadoop fetch jobs

Posted by Karol Rybak <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop fetch jobs

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.