Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Dr. Martin Senftleben" <li...@drmartinus.de> on 2023/06/04 15:02:46 UTC

Re: Open Office becoming impossible to use- bug ridden

I don't know if you received any reply, I haven't seen any on the list.
To clarify, I have one question: Do you by any chance use Base as well,
i.e. do you have a database open when working on the other documents? If
so, you need to make sure that changes to the database (e.g. forms or
fields changes) are being saved, else this may lead to a tremendous lag.
Saving the database is different from changing changes to the contents
of a field. You have to go to the general database window and choose
save from the menu (or click on the save icon).
Beyond that, I have not experienced such issues, but I am using Linux
and not Windows.
In any case: if there is malware involved, it hasn't come from
OpenOffice, at least not from the package, if you installed it from the
official website. There are many ways malware can become active on your
PC, mostly it's via an email, but it can also be via a document (macros)
etc.. If Malware causes the problems, it's most likely not helpful to
reinstall OpenOffice, but you should then use a good virus and malware
scanner to identify and remove it.

Regards,

Martin