Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Caplan <mi...@htc.ca> on 2005/09/28 14:45:03 UTC

Migrating CVS sandbox

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on how I can best go about
migrating a cvs sandbox to a svn sandbox without removing the originally
created cvs sandbox?  The issue I have with the cvs sandbox is that
there are loads of non cvs files found throughout the sandbox that I
need to maintain.  I tried to do a svn checkout on top of the cvs
sandbox, but svn blocks that.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Migrating CVS sandbox

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 10:45 -0400, Michael Caplan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on how I can best go about
> migrating a cvs sandbox to a svn sandbox without removing the originally
> created cvs sandbox?  The issue I have with the cvs sandbox is that
> there are loads of non cvs files found throughout the sandbox that I
> need to maintain.  I tried to do a svn checkout on top of the cvs
> sandbox, but svn blocks that.  Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head...  You have a CVS working copy that you tried to
copy over a SVN working copy.  So it sounds like you want to merge them
together.
The order of the merge I'm not sure of, but I am going to assume you
want to put CVS files into a SVN working copy.  Make adjustments as
needed.

Import the CVS sandbox, minus the CVS dirs and other accounting
information into a branch directory.

Merge the svn working copy with the newly imported CVS branch.
Fix conflicts and enjoy.

Cheers,
Chris
--