Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Wally Trenholm <wa...@epochintegration.com> on 2001/06/09 23:20:15 UTC

running C2b1 without X-Windows -> "ProcessingException: sitemap handler's sitemap not available"

Hello Cocoon people,

After upgrading from alpha-6 to beta-1, when I start Cocoon without
GUI support (I am running on Debian GNU/Linux over ssh), I get the
following Exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
.
.
.

Last night, I was trying to figure out what was going on and noticed
that there seemed to be some network activity related to X-windows.  I
set the DISPLAY environment to one of my X servers, and it now it
works fine.

So my question is:

	why is my system wanting to see X capabilities when running Cocoon?

I find no reference to anything GUI, in any of the code, and I do not
see anything from Cocoon on my X screen.

I am stumped (it doesn't take much).

Thanks for your time...

PS) [to the dev. team] congratulations on a historic accomplishment!
The new architecture is amazing!  I can't wait to see how fast it is
on multi-stage transformations with big XML data.

Re: running C2b1 without X-Windows -> "ProcessingException: sitemap handler's sitemap not available"

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Wally Trenholm wrote:

> Hello Cocoon people,
>
> After upgrading from alpha-6 to beta-1, when I start Cocoon without
> GUI support (I am running on Debian GNU/Linux over ssh), I get the
> following Exception:

Ok, this has been answered several times. I think it needs to go into
the FAQ.

The need for an X server (or ie. Xvfb) is caused by the Batik jars. So
either you comment out every stuff related to SVG from the
sitemap.xmap/cocoon.xconf or you install a X server or Xvfb resp. on
your server.

Giacomo