Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Ben Hood <be...@gmx.net> on 2002/05/07 23:04:24 UTC

Namespace Consistency within Collections

Hi,

I couldn't find any reference to the namespace consistency within
collections in the documentation/mailing lists so I'm wondering whether
it's self explanitory or not.

Using the Birthday build it seems that that you can't query elements
namespaces that aren't consistently declared in each document of a
single collection.

If this is a feature, this implies that each document in a collection is
homogenous respective to a schema definition. Therefore you can't query
heterogenous documents within a collection. Is this the intention? (This
could well have something to do with the internal mapping or storage
(which I am not familar with)).

Another thing I've noticed is that you can't use the xmlns attribute
itself as an Xpath predicate. Is there a reason behind this?

Cheers

Ben