Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mariam Tariq <mt...@interwoven.com> on 2001/08/07 22:43:29 UTC

Sharing dll btwn two webapps (Unsatisfied Link Error)

I have a  webapp in which I am getting the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
 Native Library D:\Program
Files\Project\MT\servletd\bin\com_mt_sharedutils100.dll already loaded in
another classloader
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1346)

Another webapp has already loaded this dll. I found a related issue on Sun's
website where it says "A workaround would be to have the class that loads a
native library
be loaded by a shared classloader (through the parenting mechanism of
ClassLoaders in 1.2)."

I can't find any info on how to set up a shared classloader. Basically this
dll
which I am trying to access sits in $TOMCAT_HOME/bin. The webapps sit in
different
location NOT under $TOMCAT_HOME.

Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Mariam