Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Dusa, Silviu" <Si...@federal.dell.com> on 2010/09/30 17:25:22 UTC

Question about the future of Log4J

Hi,

My name is Silviu Dusa and I am an architect for a rather large organization. I am in charge with the assessment of Log4J for future development.

We perused the text found at the wiki site (http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/) but it is not clear what the direction Log4J is going is.

Specifically I would need answers to the following questions:

1. Version 1.2 is recommended for versions prior to Java 6 and Java 5, though it is compatible with them. What is the future of it? How long is it still going to be supported?
2. When is version 2.0 slated for release?
3. What is the future of 'logback'? When will it be released? Will it be a replacement for Log4J in the Apache technologies?

Thank you for your help.

Silviu Dusa