Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Melissa Dawe <md...@bea.com> on 2005/12/12 20:00:25 UTC

extending TreeRenderer.java -- problem extending renderIndentation

This is related to Ture's earlier thread. We are extending the
TreeRenderer.java to modify the usage of white space and change the
styling (e.g. pixel size, alignment) of the tree images to fit our tree
style.

Specifically, I want to change the pixel width of the spacer and
vertical line gifs in the tree from 16px to 19px. However, I'm not able
to override the renderIndentation method because it uses private member
variables. Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks,

Melissa

-------------------
Melissa Dawe
WebLogic Portal Engineering
BEA Systems, Inc.

Re: extending TreeRenderer.java -- problem extending renderIndentation

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Melissa,

You can construct your own ImageTag.State and TagRenderingBase objects. I
can't think of any reason why you need to use the private ones. If so, let
me know and a I can change that to protected. Here's an example of creating
the objects you might need...

    ImageTag.State imgState = new ImageTag.State();
    TagRenderingBase imageRenderer =
        TagRenderingBase.Factory.getRendering(TagRenderingBase.IMAGE_TAG,
_req);

Hope that helps,
Carlin