Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 12:05:19 UTC

[users@httpd] help needed on log entries, seems to Apache hangs

Hi All,
I am using Apache 2.2 Worker in Red-Hat 3.0.
Following are the behaviors observed in my access logs.
1) Sometime for a particular second there is no entry in the access log
although the server was up and it was fed by HTTP request.

2) Time stamp in the access log entry sometimes come in irregular way, like
the time of entry for 40th sec is before than the the entry happened in 30th
sec.

3)When I do a tail in the access log , sometime my terminal hangs , means I
don't get any entry in the access log but again after sometime I see
entries.Even the file size also does not seems to be growing during this
particular instance.

Is Apache is hanging because of heavy traffic???What would be the work
around for this?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
-A