Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/08 08:16:02 UTC

basic clustering deployment

Looking for some insight as to what TOMEE-334 is meant to imply.

-David

Re: basic clustering deployment

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Currently we mainly rely on tomcat for it.

Only the deployment is enhanced but not sure it is justified for you (think
you already have better solution for it)

Personnaly i activate tomcat clustering then add our provisioning module to
finally deploy fron nexus (mvn:groupid:artifactid:version:war)

But tomcat clustering is for small clusters so not sure it matches your
need.

- Romain

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
well here are the classes used:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/cluster/

first we have an observer which is notified when an app is deployed:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/cluster/ClusterObserver.java

then we send a deploy messge (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/cluster/DeployMessage.java
)

we have the property (to be configured on all middles)
"tomee.cluster.deploy.send-archive"
to know if we serialize the archive or if we use file system to share the
archive

then our tomee has a cluster listener (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/cluster/TomEEClusterListener.java)
 which simply call our deployer to do the work. The trick here is to
deploy+propagate the deployment only if the app is not already deployed

same idea for the undeployment excepted we just need th path to undeploy (=
all installations are the same for the moment or use the same file system)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.