Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by pi...@huttin.com on 2011/09/09 18:02:28 UTC

XFDF export limitations ?

Hello All,
First of all thanks for the great jobs accomplished on the library.
A quick question : in PDFbox library, the XFDF format seems capable
only to produce  node and no  node with all sub node like ,, etc... is
there any special reason for that or it's just a not yet implemented
feature ?
If I try to implement something, who is the primary contact person
should I contact to submit my code ?
Thanks for your answers and help?
Best regards,

Pierre Huttin

Re: XFDF export limitations ?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 09.09.2011 18:02, schrieb pierre@huttin.com:
> Hello All,
> First of all thanks for the great jobs accomplished on the library.
> A quick question : in PDFbox library, the XFDF format seems capable
> only to produce  node and no  node with all sub node like ,, etc... is
> there any special reason for that or it's just a not yet implemented
> feature ?
AFAIKT PDFBox supports most of, probably all?, kind of fields. But the XFDF
export seems to be limited to the name and the value of a field, see
FDFField#writeXML [1]

> If I try to implement something, who is the primary contact person
> should I contact to submit my code ?
Good to hear that. Create an issue on JIRA [1] containing a description of your
improvement and attach the code as diff-patch to it. Please, don't forget to
tick the software grant checkbox.

> Thanks for your answers and help?
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Huttin