Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Lorenzo Giannini <lo...@studenti.unipd.it> on 2021/06/04 15:03:27 UTC

Information about the development process of commons lang project

Dear sirs,
we are 4 computer engineering students from Padova, Italy, following a
software engineering course.
For a group project we have to analyze the development process of a
open-source project.
After some reflections we would like to know what the development process
of your "commons lang" project is.
We look forward  to hearing from you.
Many thanks,
Marco Rubin, Saverio Fincato, Emanuele Savoia, Lorenzo Giannini.

Re: Information about the development process of commons lang project

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello Marco, Saverio, Emanuele And Lorenzo,

Thanks for your interest in our little project. For your research, It is best if you check out the Website of the Apache Commons project as well as the general ASF procedures.

Apache Commons is  bit special under the Apache roof , since it has a wide variety of Java related sub projects (like commons-io, commons-math, Commons-Jcel) which all have their contributors which scratch a very specific need of them. Commons opened in the past up to all ASF commiters without the need to join the project because of this special goal.

Most of the formal processes (IPR, Contributor Agreement, Incubator, PMC, releases, project reports) are governed by the regular ASF bylaws. Some projects decide to have a pre-commit review with maintainers, in commons we have a post commit review driven by commit Update notifications to various mailing lists.

http://commons.apache.org/volunteering.html
https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

The left hand side of page has a lot of resources, specifically under the
ASF section. Also the bottom of the General Information section. Once
you've read through those sections, feel free to come back with any
questions.

See http://commons.apache.org/

Cheers,
Gary