Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Krishna Bhamidi <kb...@admin2.chrp.milwcnty.com> on 2002/02/23 18:28:57 UTC

New bie problem about Tomcat

Hi,

I have a problem about a servlet that I want to start on load of Tomcat. I included into the web.xml for the application under the on-load.

The init method of the servlet is called two times, but not the service method of the servlet. I am not sure why the init method should get called 2 times?

We are using Tomcat 4.0 on Apache. What do we do to execute a servlet on web-server startup?

Krishna.

RE: New bie problem about Tomcat

Posted by Brian Adams <bi...@satx.rr.com>.
the service in not supposed to be called at init load time.  notice the
request response parameters in it.  this is called by http get or post....
don't know why it loads twice..