Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Mueller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/19 22:26:06 UTC

missing com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar

Hello,

at present mvn clean install -Pvalidate in platform/karaf fail with the
following exception:

christian-muellers-macbook-pro:karaf muellerc$ mvn clean install -Pvalidate
Downloading:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo/wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository servicemix (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo)
Downloading:
http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2/wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository ops4j (http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public//wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/)
Downloading:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone/wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository spring-milestone
(http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone)
Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/2//wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository java.net.m2 (http://download.java.net/maven/2/)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/wrap:mvn:com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu
-DartifactId=icu4j -Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu -DartifactId=icu4j
-Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  wrap:mvn:com.ibm.icu:icu4j:jar:4.0.1

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
  ops4j (http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2),
  java.net.m2 (http://download.java.net/maven/2/),
  servicemix (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo),
  spring-milestone
(http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone),
  servicemix.snapshot
(http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group),
  jboss (http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:90)
        at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.ValidateFeaturesMojo.resolve(ValidateFeaturesMojo.java:439)
        at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.ValidateFeaturesMojo.validateBundlesAvailable(ValidateFeaturesMojo.java:287)
        at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.ValidateFeaturesMojo.validate(ValidateFeaturesMojo.java:193)
        at
org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.ValidateFeaturesMojo.execute(ValidateFeaturesMojo.java:135)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:404)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
        ... 24 more
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Unable to validate
/Users/muellerc/workspaceApache/camel/platforms/karaf/features/target/classes/features.xml:
[...]

[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 18 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Sep 19 21:58:30 CEST 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 51M/104M
[INFO]

Re: missing com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't think the validator should respect that.
> No matter how much those classes are wrapped, I think possibly a workaround would be okay but since the validator
> would fail on wrapped imported classes that require more imports I think that sucks.
>
> A big banner that says "This is how you shade / this is how you get your bundle into a smx repo" would be better.

Jean have wrapped the Jasypt as a bundle at SMX so we should be able
to switch to use that.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: missing com/ibm/icu/icu4j/4.0.1/icu4j-4.0.1.jar

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/10 3:17 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Willem Jiang<wi...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 9/20/10 10:50 AM, Johan Edstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> I really don't think the validator should respect that.
>>> No matter how much those classes are wrapped, I think possibly a
>>> workaround would be okay but since the validator
>>> would fail on wrapped imported classes that require more imports I think
>>> that sucks.
>>>
>>> A big banner that says "This is how you shade / this is how you get your
>>> bundle into a smx repo" would be better.
>>>
>>> just my 0.2
>>>
>>> /je
>>
>> I dig the karaf feature validate plugin for a while and found it is designed
>> for OSGi bundle. I had to admit that we need to the create wrap bundles into
>> the smx repo, or help the project to create a OSGi bundle.
>>
>> Now I'm heading to create wrap bundle for sip and shiro-core.
>
> I think Chris is working with the lead from Apache Shiro to make it
> osgi compliant.
> So touch base with him.
Yeah, shiro-core 1.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT looks good, I just run the
feature validating with that bundle.

> On the other hand making wrap bundles for every single camel component
> is tedious.
> Because when the project release new version we gotta redo a osgi
> bundle release and so on. It's an endless job.

Wrap bundle is a workaround method, and it doesn't support install
multiple version jars at the same time.
The best way to resolve this kind of issue is to help the project to
build the bundle itself :)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.