Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcos Sanz/Denic <sa...@denic.de> on 2002/03/19 17:42:26 UTC

Cascading PolicyClassLoaders, is this a wished effect?

Hi all,

as far as I know, the current ClassLoader delegation hierarchy in Phoenix
at the moment should be:

System ClassLoader   <--- Kernel ClassLoader
                     <--- Application 1 ClassLoader
                     <--- Application 2 ClassLoader
                                   [...]

However I am experimenting following behaviour:

System ClassLoader   <--- Kernel ClassLoader
                     <--- Application 1 ClassLoader <--- Application 2
ClassLoader <--- [...]

I cannot figure out what this could be useful for. Moreover, it is breaking
my application. Could somebody ellaborate on that?

Thanks and regards,
Marcos Sanz

Re: Cascading PolicyClassLoaders, is this a wished effect?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:42, Marcos Sanz/Denic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as far as I know, the current ClassLoader delegation hierarchy in Phoenix
> at the moment should be:
>
> System ClassLoader   <--- Kernel ClassLoader
>                      <--- Application 1 ClassLoader
>                      <--- Application 2 ClassLoader
>                                    [...]
>
> However I am experimenting following behaviour:
>
> System ClassLoader   <--- Kernel ClassLoader
>                      <--- Application 1 ClassLoader <--- Application 2
> ClassLoader <--- [...]
>
> I cannot figure out what this could be useful for. Moreover, it is breaking
> my application. Could somebody ellaborate on that?

Ug. Thats a bug - I think I know where the problem is - I will look into
fixing it today.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Error compiling excalibur

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:19, Gonzalo A. Diethelm wrote:
> Just got excalibur from cvs, did ant main, and I am getting this error:
>
>     [javac]
> all\src\java\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\xml\XercesParser.java:115:
>             cannot access org.w3c.dom.traversal.DocumentTraversal
>     [javac] file org\w3c\dom\traversal\DocumentTraversal.class not found
>     [javac]         return new DocumentImpl();
>     [javac]                ^
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>     [javac] 1 error
>
> Any hints?

looks like you need to put xerces2 (?) into your classpath.

Posted by Gary Shea <sh...@gtsdesign.com>.
[2002-03-19 20:54 +0100] Stephen McConnell (mcconnell@apache.org) wrote:

> I had the same problem recently - managed to solve the
> problem by changing the version of xerces.jar that was
> being referenced.  Try the xerces.jar version under the
> following URL (it works here).
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-avalon-apps/enterprise/tools/lib/

Funny, this happened to me too...  I didn't get any more replies after
Berin said it wasn't happening to him, and that was the last time I
looked at exaclibur ;)

But I do remember something like the sound of monstrous drums in the
deep dark depths...

GUMP.....   GUMP.....

...and yet I've seen gump output recently on this list.  Is excalibur
gumpified?  Is there a way to know, for those of us that don't have
shell accounts?

        Gary

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Error compiling excalibur