Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rodney Schuler <rs...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/10 16:48:41 UTC

'Explorer-only' webfolder infinite folder recursion

When I connect to my subversion repository using the "Explorer-only"
web folder (ie connect to http://server-dev:80/svn/sandbox) every
folder also appears as a folder inside of itself.  If I use explorer
to go to "http://server-dev/svn/sandbox" is will show some files and
folders including a "sandbox" folder.  Clicking on the "sandbox"
folder opens an identical folder with the same contents.  The address
stays "http://server-dev/svn/sandbox" but I can descend into the tree
view without limit.  Right click & properties never gets to the end of
it's folder/file counting.

While this does not prevent the use of web folders, it is likely to
freak out my less geeky subversion users.  Has anybody seen behavior
like this?

Both client and server are Win XP with SP2 and all the latest patches.
 The server is running apache 2.0.54 with mod_dav_svn.so and
mod_authz_svn.so version 1.2.0.14708 and mod_auth_sspi.so version
1.0.1.0.  All the repositories are FSFS.

Here is the subversion section of my httpd.conf.

<Location /svn>
# using subversion for WebDAV
  DAV svn
# point to the directory of the subversion repositories
  SVNParentPath D:\svn
# enable DeltaV autoversioning, this allows WebDAV clients (ie windows explorer)
#   to use subversion as a WebDAV server while the files are versioned.
  SVNAutoversioning on
# setup authentication / authorization through SSPI
  AuthType SSPI
  AuthName "Subversion repositories.  Include domain in username (ie
DOMAIN\user)"
  AuthzSVNAccessFile D:\svn\accessfile.txt
  Require valid-user
  SSPIAuth On
  SSPIAuthoritative On
  SSPIDomain DOMAIN
  SSPIOfferBasic On
</Location>

Re: 'Explorer-only' webfolder infinite folder recursion

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Rodney Schuler wrote:
> When I connect to my subversion repository using the "Explorer-only"
> web folder (ie connect to http://server-dev:80/svn/sandbox) every
> folder also appears as a folder inside of itself.  If I use explorer
> to go to "http://server-dev/svn/sandbox" is will show some files and
> folders including a "sandbox" folder.  Clicking on the "sandbox"
> folder opens an identical folder with the same contents.  The address
> stays "http://server-dev/svn/sandbox" but I can descend into the tree
> view without limit.  Right click & properties never gets to the end of
> it's folder/file counting.
>
> While this does not prevent the use of web folders, it is likely to
> freak out my less geeky subversion users.  Has anybody seen behavior
> like this?
>
> Both client and server are Win XP with SP2 and all the latest patches.

It's a Microsoft bug. Install KB892211.

Max.