Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vijay Chinnasamy <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/20 22:55:36 UTC

Simple Portlet deployment issue

All,

I just started with the portlets. I saw this issue multiple times, but there was no working solution. I apologize if I missed any working ones.

I have Jetspeed2(jetspeed-installer-demo-2.2.0) installed in Linux. I tried to deploy a simple portlet as given in this site - http://jetspeed-japan.sourceforge.jp/jetspeed-2-trans/en/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html.

I used the file portlet-api_2.0_spec-1.0.jar instead of portlet-api-1.0.jar as I could not find this jar file. Then I created the war file and deployed the file in deploy folder as mentioned. But the war file is not deployed.

I checked the jetspeed-deployment.log file and this is the error(I deleted some exception traces) I got.

2009-10-20 14:07:39,661 [Autodeployment File Scanner Thread] ERROR deployment - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:224)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invokeDeploy(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:207)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.dispatch(StandardDeploymentManager.java:264)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.deploy(StandardDeploymentManager.java:178)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.fireDeploymentEvent(StandardDeploymentManager.java:209)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager$FileSystemScanner.run(StandardDeploymentManager.java:357)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
    at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy.java:178)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy.java:96)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:219)
    ... 5 more
2009-10-20 14:07:39,662 [Autodeployment File Scanner Thread] ERROR deployment - Failure deploying /var/jetspeed/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/simplest.war
2009-10-20 14:07:40,252 [Autodeployment File Scanner Thread] ERROR deployment - Unable to start portlet application after 10 retries: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Error starting portlet application simplest
org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Error starting portlet application simplest
    at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.attemptStartPA(PortletApplicationManager.java:677)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.tryStartPortletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:244)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)

2009-10-20 14:07:40,252 [Autodeployment File Scanner Thread] ERROR deployment - org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Error starting portlet application simplest
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Error starting portlet application simplest
    at org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployLocalPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:243)

2009-10-20 14:07:40,252 [Autodeployment File Scanner Thread] ERROR deployment - Failure deploying /var/jetspeed/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/local/simplest.war
2009-10-20 14:09:15,246 [PortletApplicationManager Descriptor Change Monitor Thread] ERROR deployment - Max number of retries (10) reached. Ignoring Monitor for simplest

---------------

The web.xml, portlet.xml and simplest.psml are the same as it is in the site. Any help to get me started with this portlet would be great. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.

Newsmakers and happenings from around the world – just one click away on MSN India
http://in.msn.com

RE: Simple Portlet deployment issue

Posted by Vijay Chinnasamy <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Any suggestions for this. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

[...]

Don’t fall behind. Log on to MSN India for a roundup on the world panorama
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop