Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by limonn <in...@limonn.com> on 2008/08/22 15:19:16 UTC

t5: debugging with jetty

How do you guys debug using jetty, any guidance steps for that ?

How that affects the feature of no need to restart jetty for changes to show
?

Thank s in advance

Re: t5: debugging with jetty

Posted by Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de>.
Hi limonn,

to start Jetty, we use an org.mortbay.jetty.Server object started in a
simple public static void main - so we can debug our program like any
other java program too.
The "no restart needed"-Feature is enhanced by debugging the application
this way: When simply run, "no restart needed" applies on to the
Tapestry package, but when we are in Debugging mode, we can (nearly)
change any other area of the application runtime.

- Tobias

Re: t5: debugging with jetty

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
I use IntelliJ IDEA as well. But I simply create a Maven configuration
that runs mvn jetty:run and launch it as a debugging session.

-Filip

Re: t5: debugging with jetty

RE: t5: debugging with jetty

Posted by limonn <in...@limonn.com>.
Hi Thank you for your replay.

But if I do debug as I don't think I have the jetty option, only the server
that is tomcat, m I missing any plugin ?

Regards

Raul Rosenzvaig

RE: t5: debugging with jetty

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.