Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/01/29 01:18:38 UTC

Is there a way to turn off collapsible menus with default 0.6 skin?

I apologize if the answer to this is in the mail archives .... eyebrowse
seems to be down today, and when I searched for 'collapsible menu' on
the forrest site I found the svn entry for it. Perhaps I'm searching for
the wrong term.

forrest 0.5.1 menus list all members for a node in the site.xml; for
example, let's say I have a Home tab with three nodes and docs for each:

    Category 1
        doc 1a
        doc 1b
        doc 1c

    Category 2
        doc 2a
        doc 2b
        doc 2c

   Category 3
        doc 3a
        doc 3b
        doc 3c

The default skin for forrest 0.6 collapses entries for all but the first
node:

     Category 1
        doc 1a
        doc 1b
        doc 1c

     > Category 2

     > Category 3

If there a way to turn off the collapsible menu in 0.6?

thanks,

 -jean

Re: Is there a way to turn off collapsible menus with default 0.6 skin?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El sáb, 29-01-2005 a las 10:04, Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> > If there a way to turn off the collapsible menu in 0.6?
>
> No, but it should be possible in the future. IIRC there is already a RFE
> in JIRA issue-tracking.
>
> For now, you can patch the skin to do what you need... and maybe send it
> to us so we can add it to the trunk :-)

Like Nicola said in the 0.7 release that will be very easy because you
will be able to implement your own menu.

Right now you will have to modify the getMenu.js. Look for
'style.display != "block"' and change the corresponding code.

HTH
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Is there a way to turn off collapsible menus with default 0.6 skin?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> If there a way to turn off the collapsible menu in 0.6?

No, but it should be possible in the future. IIRC there is already a RFE
in JIRA issue-tracking.

For now, you can patch the skin to do what you need... and maybe send it
to us so we can add it to the trunk :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -