Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Anderson <mi...@mit.edu> on 2009/12/09 22:21:14 UTC

content stream/MLT

I'm trying to understand how content stream works with respect to MLT. I did
a regular MLT query using a document ID and specifying two fields to do MLT
on and got back a set of results. I then copied the xml for the document
with the aforementioned ID and pasted it to a text file. Then I made the
query with stream.file=mlt_doc.xml, but my result set was completely
different and didn't really make sense.

Am I not using content streams correctly here? Or does solr not use the
schema when accepting a content stream?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Re: content stream/MLT

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
The MoreLikeThis content stream support is implemented such that the
content stream is simply text, analyzed as if it was in the mlt.fl.
It doesn't handle Solr XML as you'd expect - simply treats it as a
string and analyzes it to get the terms out.

	Erik